This episode is a recording of our host, Joe Batir, moderating a panel at the MIT Energy Conference in 2023. The title of the panel was “Role of Geothermal and Nuclear in Clean Energy Transition”. The panel included geothermal industry leaders Jamie Beard, Executive Director of Project Innerspace and Taylor Mattie, Director of Geothermal Strategy and Growth at Baker Hughes, and nuclear industry experts Jamie Coleman, Regulatory Affairs Director – Vogtle 3 & 4 at Southern Nuclear and Emma Wong, Sr. Technology and Innovation Advisor at OECD Nuclear Energy Agency and European Lead – Nuclear Strategy, Innovation, and Development at EPRI.
In this Panel discussion, they discuss:
- The current state of Geothermal and Nuclear in the US
- What are the risks of these different power sources
- Why have we not seen more growth
- Where and how regulations are slowing the growth process
- How to advance these baseload power sources
This episode is made possible by AWS Energy.
Enjoying the show? Leave me a review here!
Brought to you on the Oil and Gas Global Network, the largest and most listened-to podcast network for the oil and energy industry.